Superannuation solutions tailored to your needs
I know you are probably on this website because you are either thinking about building wealth through super, you are considering setting up your own Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), or you want to know more about how to buy property using your existing super. Our experienced accountants can help!
It may not be too late to revaluate your superannuation
The majority of people we speak to are in their late 40’s and until now, haven’t really thought about how life will be when they retire – Let me tell you if you haven’t you are probably going to have a problem. The Australian Bureau of Statistics highlights why. It states that people intend to work longer and well into their 70’s because of financial reasons and for the majority retiring at the age of 60 is a thing of the past.
The ABS also state that nearly 50% rely on the government pension which basically means they are retiring absolutely broke at the age of 65. Don’t let that be you!
We can help you create a stable financial future
Our experienced accountants and advisors have an in-depth knowledge of superannuation and the different ways you can tailor superannuation to suit your circumstances. A superannuation that is suited to your circumstances ensures you are getting the best benefits and the highest returns.
Contact our Gold Coast office for more information
If you would like to learn more about superannuation and all the ways you could be improving your retirement fund, contact our Gold Coast office to speak with our helpful team.
- Take Control of Your Money and Build Your Wealth
- SMSF Specialists
- Tax Effectiveness of your Super
- Self-Managed Super Funds
- Investment Options for your SMSF
- Customised Investment Strategy for your SMSF
- Our SMSF Set-up Process
- Retirement Planning
- Using Your Super to Finance Investments
The "set it and forget it" aspect of a retail Superfund is convenient, but it has one big problem— you have little control over it. Not only do you leave important money-making decisions in someone else's hands (who probably doesn't know your individual circumstances), but you lose your flexibility too. Time and time again we meet with people and they have no idea how much super they have, what they are being charged and what type of insurance they have coming out of their superannuation. Sometimes they have two superannuation accounts and they are both deducting life insurance premiums and they didn’t even know.
B&M Financial partners with you to manage your existing super that gives you total control and flexibility with some protection. By appointing us as your advisor to manage your super and managed funds or helping you establish and manage your own SMSF you can take back control of what’s yours and monitor your investments performance on a quarter to quarter basis and make sure your employer is paying your superannuation on a timely basis.
After all, it's your money. Shouldn't you be in control of it?
The B&M Financial team will help you with every step in developing a long-term strategy. Our goal is to make the process easy— and our mission is to help our clients become confident, educated investors. Our objective is to put you into a better financial position than you are now.
Unlike many financial advisors we are experts in two quite different fields. The first is we are specialists in supporting you understand and gaining confidence in your ‘money’. We are people who get people. We won’t use financial jargon to confuse you. We will talk to you in your language and at your level of understanding.
The second is we pride ourselves on our level of expertise and experience in the financial sector, be that accounting, tax, bookkeeping, insurance, self-managed superannuation.
B&M Financials’ qualified staff can assist you with complying with legislation and capitalising on the tax effective benefits available through a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund.
We can assist with a range of SMSF services; assisting you with your questions and making recommendations, re-structures, establishments, upgrades, compliance, administration (maintaining accounting records, reconciling member’s accounts, commencing pensions, actuarial certificates, arranging independent audits), lodgements with ASIC and the ATO.
One of the best benefits of having money in super is that you can use it to grow your wealth using the most tax effective structure available in Australia. Property, stocks, funds… there are many investments, combinations, and strategies that may work for you.
Basically, we know all the strategies that will save you more money and most likely minimise your tax further.
The more you keep of what you earn will mean you have more money in your pocket in the long term and that’s better for your retirement.
The latest stats show that over 27% of Australian retirement savings are held in SMSF’s. Superannuation assets totalled $2.6 Trillion at the end of the December 2017 quarter. The SMSF assets totalled over $721 billion which meant that more money was held in SMSF’s than any of the Corporate, Industry or Retail Fund. This sector continues to grow due to the greater flexibility and control over an individual’s super. (ARRA Statistics – Quarterly Superannuation Performance December 2017).
The downside of all this freedom is that it can be overwhelming to those without extensive investment and SMSF experience. And trying to go it alone most often results in poor financial returns or, worse yet, non-compliance with rules and regulations.
At B&M Financial, you get the best of both worlds— expert advice and the freedom to control your investments. We do all the paperwork, you make all the decisions. Essentially, we do everything in our power to make it easy for you to manage your money!
There are many investment options available to you and we will work with you to find the solution that you are most comfortable with, so you know the risks, the return, the impacts, before you make any decisions.
Most SMSF’s are made up of Australian shares because they're easy to buy and set up. But in order to reach your financial goals and build the most wealth possible, it's important to consider all of your investment options.
When you partner with B&M Financial, you'll have the guidance of our expert Fund Managers and their team— giving you access to the best research, best people, and the best strategies to help you build a strong portfolio. We won’t sugar coat it. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. It can get complicated, but we can explain it and set it up so that you understand it all.
Let’s be honest. If you want an off the shelf solution that gives you an off the shelf return, then you can go and get one.
We don’t think that is the best use of your valuable hard-earned super.
So, we work closely with you to customise the BEST solution for you. Yes, it takes a bit more work, but no-where near as much work as you’ve put in to growing your super asset.
Let’s spend the time to get this right.
Many financial advisors only look at your funds available to invest before making recommendations, and then just offer a few options that are good for "most people". But we firmly believe your investments should be customised to your goals and take all the assets into consideration inside and outside of super to give you a holistic approach to your investment decisions. Don't you?
Together we develop your personal investment strategy:
- You work with our experts to select your investments, secure finance, set up your insurance inside your SMSF, and we work together towards the placing and settlement of your investments.
- We assess your current financial status (inside and outside Super) and determine your goals, taking into account age, income, employment, and retirement needs.
- Because not all investments are right for everyone, we do a personalised risk/reward assessment before we make any recommendations. This includes a cost analysis for your SMSF and evaluation of when you would like to retire. We ensure you understand the benefits and risks of investing across asset classes (e.g., Australian and international shares, direct property, fixed interest, etc.) and that you have the appropriate diversification required for your long-term investment strategy.
- We will work closely with your Lawyer, Lender, and any other professionals to ensure all transactions go smoothly. Our regular review process allows us to report on your Investments and how they are performing on a class-by-class basis. If any investments need to be changed, our experts are at your disposal for advice and to implement the changes. Our Team will keep you informed throughout the year on your progress and explain everything you need to know to make informed investment choices as your circumstances and financial structure changes.
The first step is of course making sure we can help you be in a better position. If we can’t then we will tell you. Once we, hand-on-our-hearts know we can help you then we will guide you through the process to make it as easy and simple for you as possible. If an SMSF is right for you, we then start the process of setting up your SMSF….
The first step in the setup of your SMSF, is determining who the trustee will be, preparing your SMSF Trust Deeds and if required the establishment of a Bare Trust/Security Trust, if you are considering borrowing.
We prepare all necessary documentation to assist in setting up the SMSF including: trust deeds, minutes and resolutions, member applications, trustee consents, investment strategy and business registrations (ABN, TFN, Complying Fund Registration, GST and PAYG Registration if applicable).
Our SMSF set up package and ongoing compliance package cost includes
- time with us to ensure you understand your responsibilities as a trustee.
- enrolment in our Wealth Advisor “Swim Between the Flags” SMSF Trustee Program.
- completion of certified documentation required for Bank Account and Loan Setup if required.
- rollover applications of your existing super funds to your new SMSF.
- correspondence required for your employer to pay your super to your SMSF.
- monthly processing of your SMSF, including regular reporting.
- completion of your SMSF Compliance requirements including Financial Reports, Tax Return, Members Benefits Statement, Investment Reports, and Audit (completed by an approved Independent Auditor).
- important documents securely stored so they can easily be JP Certified as needed, when needed.
- Completion of your Individual Tax Returns so you have peace of mind knowing that your Tax Returns are lodged on time and prepared by professionals (conditions apply) that understand how your SMSF ties in with your personal Tax Return.
Whether it’s through the assessment of fund managers or helping you establish and manage your own self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF), we can assist you regardless of what stage you are in life; structuring investments and outcomes to meet your lifestyle goals in retirement. We also specialise in acquiring real estate within a SMSF.
You need to ensure that your assets, capital and income streams outlive you, so that you have enough to live on in retirement.
Our advice will help you to understand what’s required to achieve the lifestyle that you seek in retirement by providing practical and helpful strategies to assist you to reduce the impact of inflation, generate competitive tax-effective returns and create an appropriate income stream in your retirement. Regardless of how many years you are from retirement you need to take control and start planning.
It’s possible to borrow inside Super to purchase residential or commercial investment properties. This offers many opportunities to build your wealth, giving you options you probably never knew existed with Super.
However, SMSFs are governed by complex legislation which is subject to change and, as with any financed investments, there are risks. Therefore, it's important you get advice on your particular circumstances to see if it's right for you as it’s not appropriate for everyone.
We want to make sure you don’t have to see 5 different experts and then try and piece the jigsaw together yourself. This is where we come in. Experts at SMSF jigsaws.
At B&M Financial, we have access to SMSF Finance experts to ensure you get the entire picture— not just a part of it. That way you can truly determine if borrowing to buy an investment is right for you.
Our SMSF experts will explain how borrowing inside Super works, laying out all the pros, cons, and costs.
- We will help you determine if an SMSF investment is the right kind of investment for you, by reviewing your SMSF’s cash flow and whether it fits well into you long-term financial strategy.
- Our investment advisors will help you determine which type of investment will best meet your needs and risk tolerance.
- We'll assist you with the paperwork in setting up your SMSF loan, make sure it stays in current legislative compliance (even as rules change), create a Security/Bare Trust, and address necessary tax requirements.
We'll ensure your Security/Bare Trust deed documents are correctly set up so you avoid stamp duty or capital gains tax on the transfer to your SMSF when the loan is paid off.
“Since meeting Joe in 2013, he has put us back in control of our Superannuation. We are nearing the end of our business working life and we feel very comfortable with managing our post retirement investments through Joe. We meet and communicate on a regular basis, so we feel secure with what our investments are doing.”
Jenny & Wayne